- All 2019 Festival Events
- Pride Day
- Pride Night
- Festival Partners
- Get Involved
- Volunteer with Pride
- Support Pride
- Latest News
- Visiting Pride
- Accessibility at Pride
- About Us
Rewarding, exciting, fun and important!
Help make a fantastic Pride event for the community and get those warm fuzzy feelings because Pride could not happen without your support.
Bristol Pride is run by volunteers and we need your help to make Pride happen. We’ve worked really hard to build a pride event we can all be proud of and we want to keep Pride a free event for everyone to attend (not just those who can afford it) but this means we need your help.
We’ve got several ways to get involved
We need lots of stewards on Pride Day to help collect donations from people as they come into the festival and to exchange wristbands.
We want to keep Pride a free event for all to attend but can only do this if people donate, so we need you, our Pride Champions to help ensure Pride can keep happening.
Everyone who volunteers gets a limited edition Pride lanyard and a Pride Day Wristband as a thank you. There are several 3 hour shifts available, simply click on the link below to select your shift and sign up.
We need lots of Parade Stewards to help ensure the parade can happen. A fun and engaging role that means you can still take part in the parade while helping to keep it moving.
Needed for: 2.5 hours 10am-1230pm, you’ll need to arrive for 10am for a briefing. The Parade leaves at 1045am taking about 1.5 hours to complete.
Walking with the march, you’ll ensure everyone keeps to the right side of the road and that the parade keeps moving swiftly.
We will need at least 10 people who are static and remain at road closure points so if you are happy to stand in place and cheer and wave us on please say so.
This is another vital volunteering role and if we do not have enough volunteers it may mean we are not able to keep having a parade event due to restrictions that will be put in place. If you are coming to the parade anyway please consider volunteering as a steward.
We’re looking for Area Coordinators for Pride Day, responsible for helping keep designated areas of the festival running smoothly.
We’re specifically looking for coordinators for our:
Family Area (Ideally CRB checked)
Market and Food Traders
Accessibility (including designated viewing areas)
Ideally you’ll have experience of event management or perhaps are a student studying events and looking for additional experience. Moreover we’re looking for someone who is passionate about Pride and doing a good job.
Tasks on the day will include helping set up in the morning, coordinating any area sponsors or stall holders.
If needed you will help coordinate any other volunteers in your area and be the point of contact for the Pride Team on the day.
You’ll need strong communication skills and the ability to think quickly to resolve any problems that might arise on the day. You’ll know that the day is about having fun, ensuring the safety of other festival goers and maintaining standards for both Pride and any sponsors.
There’ll be some pre planning meetings in the lead up to Pride and you must be available on the day of Pride itself. These roles are vitally important to the smooth running of the festival and you’ll be helping to ensure the day goes without a hitch and is a safe and fun environment for all.
You will have the full support of the Pride Team on the day and we hope to make this a fun and engaging opportunity for you.
To apply please email a covering letter outlining which area you are most interested in, why you would like to apply and any relevant experience along with your CV.
We’re looking volunteers to help support us making Pride a more accessible event for everyone.
You’ll support our viewing areas, ensuring that they remain a space for those who need it, or wander the festival and be a point of contact to support members of the public who may need assistance with any questions.
We also need people with BSL skills to help facilitate the answering of any questions onsite from members of the community.
We’re looking for a passionate and creative talent to support one of Bristol’s largest festival. We need your help to inform people about the festival through engaging, fun and easy to understand graphic design across print and digital.
– Your own tech set up with access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are a must! (Essential)
– Able to edit and create visuals, design posters and layouts for print (Essential)
– Experience working with an existing brand and how to work within brand guidelines
– Excellent attention to detail
– A good understanding of the print process and how to set up artwork for print
– Able to work on your own initiative, with support and guidance from the Lead Designer and CEO
– A positive ‘can do’ attitude and brimming with creative new ideas
– Self-motivation and excellent organisational skills
– Able to work with quick turnaround projects and meet print deadlines
– A good team worker with interpersonal skills, you’re willing to collaborate with other creatives and communicate with the wider team
– Excellent general PC and/or Mac skills
– An eye for or the skill to provide digital photography
– Studying a Design Degree
– Website editing skills, particularly in WordPress
– Proofreading and copy writing skills
– Video editing skills
– Considering or interested in freelancing or starting-up after graduating
The Role & Potential Tasks
– Working with the CEO of Bristol Pride, Design Lead and wider team to understand the needs of the charity
– Creating new artwork for flyers, posters and web banners
– Assisting in the layout and design of this year’s Festival Guide in Adobe InDesign
– Creating vector illustrations in Adobe Illustrator
– Designing graphics and banners to decorate and for use on-site at the festival
– Working with external advertisers to provide artwork to their guidelines and specification, resizing and amending where necessary
– Creating content for the Bristol Pride website
– Creating graphics for social media
– Assisting in the copywriting, editing and proofing of messages for advertising and web content
– Providing support to the Lead Designer
To Apply please send us an email with your CV, a short covering letter and some examples of your work.
Help make or put up exciting and colourful decor for the Pride festival. Whether you just want to come to help us put banners, bunting and information panels up or spend some of your free time making decor items for us to use onsite – get in touch.
This year on Pride Day we will need more help than ever to transform the festival site into Bristol Pride!
Help us put up decor across the festival site on FRIDAY 12 July PM and SATURDAY 13 July AM (Before the festival opens)
Shifts: 4pm – 7pm
Shifts: 530pm – 830pm
(if you need to leave a little earlier than the shift end then that would be OK)
Friday Sign Up
Shifts: 9am – 11am
Saturday Sign Up
Feeling a little more creative with more time on your hands? If you want to help make decor or want to create bespoke pieces for the festival site such as large lettering and live art during the day such as graffiti panels then Email Us