Part Time Contract / Freelance position
5 Hours Per Week (with additional hours on Pride Day)
Initial 5 Month contract
Bristol Pride is an annual LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans) festival which takes place across 2 weeks in July and celebrates the LGBT+ community through cultural and artistic events, culminating in an outdoor community focused music and arts festival.
We are seeking 1 or more Volunteer Coordinator(s) to help recruit and coordinate volunteers for the main Bristol Pride Festival day on Saturday 14 July 2018.
As volunteer coordinator, you’ll be managing the recruitment and retention of our volunteer network, identifying training opportunities that may benefit our volunteers and manage post event monitoring and evaluation. You’ll be responsible for delivering pre event briefings for our volunteers with support from the festival CEO.
Bristol Pride is run by volunteers and at present 150 volunteers are engaged on Pride Day. You’ll be picking up an established database of existing volunteers and coordinating them for Pride Day. We’re also be responsible for increasing our volunteer pool, establishing business community volunteer action days and to identify training opportunities for our volunteers to help create a pool of volunteers that are able to support other festivals and events in the city.
This post is offered as a contract role for a freelance or self employed volunteer coordinator on a 5 month basis, 5 hours per week though more will be required on Pride Day. We can offer flexibility on days worked and you will need to be able to work remotely / from home. There may be scope to extend and expand the role.
- Outreach and awareness raising for volunteers including public campaigns and profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and briefed for positions.
- Scheduling volunteers including organising rotas and compiling and managing databases.
- Managing the Pride volunteer email inbox.
- Communicating with volunteers including informational meetings and delivering briefing sessions.
- Monitoring, supporting and motivating volunteers.
- Organising meetings and briefing sessions.
- To manage volunteer rewards and incentives including nominations for the Pride Awards.
- To manage and coordinate the volunteers on site on Pride Day (Saturday 14 July 2018).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and administration skills.
- Experience of managing volunteers.
- Ability to motivate, delegate and supervise effectively
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills including MS Office especially Excel
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to adapt to different audiences
- Able to deliver volunteer briefings with support from the CEO
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Willingness to support the Festival’s commitment to equal opportunities
- Available on Pride Day (Saturday 14 July) and ideally able to commit more time between 5-15 July.
- Any additional duties that may be required in relation to supporting volunteers or additional tasks at the CEO discretion.
- Experience of working on, or with large-scale events.
- Knowledge of the LGBT+ community and an interest in the work of Bristol Pride.
- A passion for diversity and equality.
- Experience as an event planner and/or volunteer coordinator preferred.
- Volunteer policy writing experience.
To apply Email Us outlining why you think you are suitable for this role and why you would like to apply confirming that condition are suitable for you including availability on Saturday 14 July. Attach your CV and we will get back to you ASAP.
Due to the critical nature of this role for the organisation we will hold interviews for this position.