News Content Writer
Working with the charity CEO you will take briefs and direction whilst also being able to input your own thoughts and creative flair to help make projects your own.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Experience in writing content for various platforms
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proofreading skills
• Ability to write stimulating and succinct passages of text
• Ability to follow direction and work to guidelines
• Well organised and able to work under own initiative
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent general PC and/or Mac skills
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and brimming with creative new ideas
• Good interpersonal skills
• Studying a creative writing or journalism degree or can demonstrate passion and practical experience
• Understanding of how people access content and news
• Experience in interviewing and researching
• Website editing skills particularly using WordPress
• An understanding of the LGBT+ community
• Video editing skills
• Following up leads, conducting interviews and writing up stories in line with house style
• Working with others to edit stories
• Attending volunteer meetings as required
• Identifying potential stories and prioritising them
• Working with the CEO of Bristol Pride to understand the needs of the charity.
• Contribute to the content of the Bristol Pride website.
• Editing copy for use on various platforms.
• To undertake other reasonable duties.